Sunday, May 20, 2018

April 24, 2018

.

Reflections on the pond in West Park.  That yellow stripe is padding on the top of the fence around the softball field.  (A Cadillac of ball fields, no matter that it is hardly ever used by ball players....)



I had lunch with my quilting buddy, K.  It's always good to have a chance to get together and catch up!

Walking home.  This magnolia was thinking seriously about blooming.



A good look at all the fuzz.....



I took at least six shots of the blurry bud in the foreground, and in every instance the phone camera focused on what was behind the bud, rather than the bud itself.  Sigh.



They are re-working the section of 5th Ave. that is near the farmers' market.  Seriously tearing it up and (apparently) replacing everything under it.  I surely hope the new road lasts a good long time!

Looking east from the corner of 5th and Catherine.



Looking back along 5th toward where I stood to take the prev. 



The block of Detroit Street beside the farmers' market is blocked to traffic so they can store ... stuff.  Note pallets of piping.



I thought it was kind of weird that there were multiple sizes of pipe bundled together.  Wondering about the programming that drove the robot that (I presume) loaded this pallet......



When I got close, I noticed that I could only see all the way through one pipe at a time.  I like all the different curves.



Almost every time I go downtown I pick up A LOT of trash.  There is WAY more trash downtown than in my neighborhood, and campus is even worse.

Some of the stuff on the ground got there by accident.  Pretty sure no one meant to toss these saw blades (still in their packaging) into the gutter.  I suspect they fell into the snow, and no one knew what happened to them.



This stuff, on the other hand.............  Pretty sure some bunch of dirtbags deliberately tossed these in the park.  >:-(



Some of this is from the park, some not.  (Note saw-blade packaging.)



I'm thinking I'm going to start calling these manufacturers out.  They need to be part of the solution.  Recyclable packaging?  Donation of trashbins?  Subsidy of the cost of emptying trash bins?

"I picked up YOUR TRASH.  Please be part of the solution to this problem!"



The contents of my recycle bin.  Yes, that sparkly (rusty) long piece of metal was a twirling baton (I removed the rubber thing off one end before recycling the metal).  There are about three things in this bin that originated at our house (and I don't think any of them are visible, under the trash I picked up).



We went to the grocery.  You didn't see any of this at the grocery when I was a kid.  Cool that we can now get at least a dozen sorts of peppers now that I didn't even know existed when I was a kid.


.

No comments: